Followers

About Me

My photo
Nova Scotia, Canada
4 ft/ 11 inches 53 years old

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Surgery Went Well ~~ 5 Days Post- Op

May 28th Debbie and I arrived at the clinic at about 6: 15 only to find no one there . In all fairness, I was told to be there at 6:30 not 6:15 ... So standing out in the rain in my pj's and slippers made for a pathtic site :o)

The Clinic was much smaller then I had imagined. And on first site I was a little concerned to say the least. And also wondered ,what the hell I was doing there :o( But The RN who came for me changed everything I felt in a heartbeat.

She took me upstairs, got me ready. Took b/pressure and also took my b/sugar readings. She spoke to me about the whole operation and she was so kind and gentle. Then the man that puts you to sleep( I wont even try to spell that haha) He sat down and asked a bunch of questions .. knew what he was talking about and also very kind :o)

I told him that I was not afraid of the sugery , but that I was afraid of the needle they put in the hand before the sugery. He did not laugh at me, and told me not to worry as he would freeze my hand first .. I was so happy .. Then when it came time for him to freeze my hand it hurt like hell for the freezing neeedle... whats that all about ??????? whaaaaaaaaaaa

They then put plastic boots on my legs and they began to massage my legs ..really felt wonderful!!! they said it was to make sure I did not develope blood clots oooooooooooh wow that feels soooooooooo good .... ~~` then I awoke!

First thing I remembered was my nurse telling me look whos here to see you . Its heather !... I remember telling her how happy I was to see her . And I remember hugging her.. But now I find out that after the surgery I became some sort of slut and removed my clothes to show her my scars haha I am telling you serious that I have no idea what I did
To make matters worse ..I cannot remember leaving the clinic or Debbie taking me back to the hotel..she says we got into a van .. it could have been a plane ! I was none the wiser... lol

Good thing my friend was with me as I dont remember getting into a bed ... Scary Crap that is!!!
The waterside Inn was beautiful! 2 bedroom suite with everything we needed ... Debbie was a wonderful caregiver ..Thanks Debbie ((((( Hugs)))))

We were there until Sunday . Got to see her family and a couple of friends of my family ... Had a wonder flight Home and landed on a beautiful sunny day .

So now my Journey really begins! lots of gas pain and shoulder pain ... seems nothing takes that away . Even walking does not seem to help. :o(

Found out that Canada does not sell Extra Strenght Liquid Adult Tylenol .... So after Speaking with Elizabeth (thanks E.) I ordered some on this great site ... So now at least it will be better taking pain meds ....

I am getting sick of liquids as in soups ..but today I tryed pured rice and cabbge 2 teaspoons ...so far so good and Iam full :o) mabe it will make me go to the washroom.

well glad to be home glad that God has seen fit to see me through this :o) And Iam grateful!!!! Thanks for looking in on me .. until tomorrow .. love Annie xxx


2 comments:

  1. Wow!! That sounds crazy and scary yet, all seems worth it. :)
    Here's to the new body! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie Baby: Knowing that you are doing so good has been a great joy to me. I can hardly wait until we are able to start the yoga. I think that it might also help me in dealing with my JOB! Ha Ha. If we can learn to tune out the negative things (Husbands) we will succed with them trailing behind. That is when we win our MILLIONS!!!!!. Take care & keep smiling girl - until tommorrow nights dinner - and if I could find some pigs ears or feet that is what I would put on Denise"'s plate for a joke. Love you

    ReplyDelete